Thursday, May 19, 2016

Salvation Mountain

HELLO THERE!
I've been to some really strange places in my life, and Salvation Mountain HAS to be in my top 10. It sets literally in the middle of nowhere. Suddenly you are driving along a flat dirt road and then you see a brightly colored mountain with a cross on top. Think of your Sunday church service given by Pee Wee Herman. It's VERY odd and eclectic. Perhaps that's why I sought it out, Pee Wee was my homeboy growing up.
I drove my boys across the desert because this is an amazing example of religious art. It's one mans testimony to his creative passion towards Christ.
If you live in or visit Southern California I recommend making the drive. It's a feast for your senses. I linked the website above if you'd like more info. 
Video by me, music by my husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment